For my #BookBlogWriMo posting today I share a few of my favorite things about blogging. And then, I’m going to share a few of my LEAST favorite things about blogging. Essentially I am combining 2 days posting into one since they are related.
EHRMAGURD!! I LURV HTML!!!
- If you don’t know what HTML, let me explain what it is. Basically, everything posted on a blog has something called HTML code. It’s every font type, space, picture, etc. If you take the code, copy and paste it into your blog, it puts everything on your page. (See below)
This HTML looks like this (see below) when I post it on my blog
~ Review by Angela ~
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.*
All Blues is a fantastic, gripping, sexy, roller coaster of a ride. Ethan “Blues” Sloane is a manly hunk of a man that’s not going to let anything or anyone get in his way of taking down the people that wronged him. But, he doesn’t plan on meeting Angel, an enticingly volatile and dangerous woman that Blues can’t stop thinking about.
Marie’s writing just gets better and better. Her sex scenes are intense and are very vivid and imaginative. However, this story isn’t just sex; there is a lot of mystery, intrigue, drama, etc going on at the same time. Blues is a very demanding character in everything he does and he is definitely the kind of man that women want in real life. He is caring, giving, loving, but troubled as well. Angel is mysterious, sensual, head strong, and can’t keep popping up when Blues least expects it.
This is an amazing story to go along with the All series. It is a hefty read, but it doesn’t feel like it when you are reading it. You are clinging to the pages trying not to rush ahead to see what happens because then you would miss the lyrical writing style that is all Marie’s. I don’t like romance novels, but I’ll read any that Marie writes. 5 books
Awesome, huh??? It makes creating blog posts easier. It doesn’t take all the work out of it though as some HTML needs further editing and set up to work correctly on my blog.
- Also, there are certain things that I like on my posts. They are this:
I want my headings to look like this:
~ Synopsis ~
I want my links to look like this:
- I also have to make sure all of the pictures are posted in the center and that only the book covers are clickable. Everything has to be lined up perfectly as well. I am very anal about my posts, which is why I haven’t let anyone else do it.
- One of my other favorite things is when the post that I am going to put up has a lot of graphics. It helps to make the post more enjoyable I think.
- Another good thing is when the posts don’t need that much editing or formatting. It makes for a much more pleasant blogging experience when I’m posting. Not that I don’t enjoy it, but I am human and have bad days and good days like everyone else.
These are a few of my least favorite things……
- I LOATHE LOATHE HATE HATE when I don’t get my posting stuff until the day before it is due to be posted. It is so annoying to wait until the last minute to get the graphics, links, etc. I may be a night owl, but I don’t want to stay up all night doing blog stuff all the time!
- Another thing that annoys me is when reviews aren’t given to me in time for the post. That is so disrespectful and infuriating. Most (if not all) blog posts are supposed to be posted at 8am EST. That means, I need to have my posting done by then. If I don’t get a review until 10am Tucson time, then I’m not exactly holding up my end of the deal. Plus, the blog hosts and authors rely on everyone getting their posts up early so that they can promote them throughout the day. It’s a lot of work. Luckily, I don’t have this happen too often, but when it does happen I am not a happy camper.
- When getting a blog packet with HTML, I don’t like when the links aren’t embedded into the text already. I think it makes a post look sloppy to have this: Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarieWathenAuthor instead of this: Facebook. I think it just makes it look cleaner and neater.
I think that’s enough bitching for now. I don’t want to rant on and on about the negatives when I really do enjoy doing this. It is a super rewarding thing to do, especially when you get recognition from the authors that you are helping. It is a truly awesome thing too to see your name in their book under the acknowledgements. The sense of pride is huge when that happens. It’s an amazing feeling.